Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm so tired of it all

The fighting, the name-calling, the mudslinging. I'm as liberal as they come, but can we stop with the nitpicking of people on the opposing political side? Yes, Sarah Palin is not my choice for President, and never will be, but do I need to exhaust my life with tearing apart everything she says and does? No. All that does is make me look like a petulant child, and that is never good for politics.

I think I'm going to try to walk the walk and talk the talk of being a kinder, gentler participant in politics. I will not yell and scream and point fingers. I will try to remain calm and appeal to common sense. I will focus on what I think are the good points of all parties, instead of the negative. Because I can't waste my life anymore on this garbage. It's just not worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment